Odoo has several millions of users all over the world and it is best known for its business software but it is also a useful website builder because that is why we are here. Odoo primarily works in English, but you can also translate your site into almost any other language that you need.
Features and Ease of Use
Odoo offers several fundamental features on its free plan, but its site editor leaves something to be desired. With Odoo, some of the features you will get include:
- WYSIWYG site editor
- SEO tools
- Social media sharing tools
- Drag-and-drop elements
- Embedded live chat
- Unlimited storage
- Once you create an account with odoo, you are prompted to select one of the 25 mobile-responsive templates. They look modern, but several templates are limited when compared with the template selection from other website builders, such as Wix.
Odoo’s template selection
Odoo offers some really important and advanced features in addition to the basics. There is a link tracking feature that measures the success of your marketing campaigns, an in built email marketing tool, and a “multi-websites” feature that lets you create different websites for the same company or for different companies, to best serve your customers through one account that you have with them.
Not all of Odoo’s features are free. However, if you want advanced features, you will find them in the “Apps” section. There are over 65 to choose from, but most of them would cost you.
Odoo “Apps” section
Do you need some additional functionality? Odoo probably has an application already done for that.
While other website builders such as like Wix and Squarespace have templates with already existing elements that can be easily removed or changed, Odoo’s templates does the very opposite. Starting with an almost blank template, you can now drag and drop the elements you want, such as banners, text images,. The design of each block is defined by the template that you select initially.
Odoo’s drag-and-drop editor
Odoo templates start out to be blank. This does not make Odoo to be hard to use, even for newbies, but if yo have used other website builders, you will be thrown into a loop. The advantage of this site editor is that you can build a website with exactly the elements that you require and avoid taking time to get rid of the ones you do not need as seen with other custom website builder.
Pricing and Support
With Odoo, you can select and pay for the individual services that you want. There is a base fee you pay per user, and then any secondary applications and integrations come at extra costs. This is advantageous because you do not get stuck with a bunch of features you will never use, and you can purchase Odoo’s famed business software with your website if you require it.
There’s a 15-day free trial to test out all of Odoo’s features. When the free trial gets copleted, you can continue using Odoo for free but with several limitations. If you need extra apps, you will have to buy each of them separately, which can add up quickly.
Odoo chat support
When it comes to customer support, Odoo gives you several options. Search through the community forum for answers to your questions, you can submit a ticket to tackle your problem with guided assistance, make a call to get support, or start a live chat for immediate attention. Customer service is even offered in more than one language including English, French, Spanish, and Dutch. I used the live chat and got helpful answers from a real person in just a few minutes.
Odoo Website Pros and Cons
With Every Products comes its Advantages and Disadvantages, bellow are the Pros And Cons of Odoo website Builder
- The community version of Odoo offers many enterprise features that no other free website builder out there has in their tool belt.
- The CMS backend is very powerful enough to compete with most of the most popular packages that are in use these days.
- The Odoo open source community is active, vibrant, and it keeps growing. For end-users of the software, this means it’s being able to access templates, themes, and applications.
- The commercial version of the Odoo Website Builder offers just about everything that any business enterprise of any size needs to create, maintain and manage its web presence.
- Odoo is a very dynamic software. Users can install forums, live chat, social media modules, and lots of SEO tools with just one click.
- The community version does not have too much flexibility in the area of design options.
- Having to pay for several applications and integrations on a monthly basis can turn out to be expensive for small businesses with lower budgets.
- Odoo is not a fully specialized eCommerce platform.